One of my favorite dips to take to parties. It is super easy, can be made with whatever is in your fridge, and is always a hit. Can be served with crackers, dipping veggies, bread, or chips.
One large onion
3-4 cloves of garlic
Approximately 3 cups of fresh veggies
About ⅛ cup of your favorite fresh herbs (optional)
16oz Edible Alchemy Dairy Free Coconut Yogurt alternative
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and Cracked pepper to taste
About a Tbls of your favorite cooking oil
- Put your favorite cooking oil in a medium size frying pan and turn to medium heat
- Chop a large onion and add to the frying pan, to caramelize
- Chop about 3 cups of whatever veggies you have in the fridge and add to the same pan, with the onion, to caramelize
- Finely chop garlic and fresh herbs. Set aside 2tsp of the fresh herb and add the remainder and the garlic to the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, being careful to not burn the garlic
- Remove from heat and allow to completely cool
- Add cooled caramelized veggies and 16oz Edible Alchemy Dairy Free Coconut Yogurt alternative to blender and blend, until smooth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Poor into serving dish and garnish with leftover herbs
- Chill and serve
- I like to use a high heat oil. Avocado is my favorite
- I like to add the vegetables when the onion has began to turn a very light brown
- You can use any vegetables, but some of my favorites are any combinations of carrots, squash, zucchini, eggplant, arugula, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, or mushrooms.
*Note: if you use leafy greens, such as spinach or arugula, add them to the pan when you add your herbs and garlic, so they do not burn
- If you do not allow the vegetables to cool completely, it will produce a much thinner dip.